Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Burger Hill Park

I have driven past this park dozens of times on my way to the Catskills to conduct fieldwork, and I have wanted to stop and explore it since I first saw it about a year ago. I finally managed to get over to it this past Saturday on my way back from Red Hook. The top of Burger Hill Park (owned by Winnakee Land Trust) provides a great nearly 360-degree panoramic view of this end of the Hudson Valley, with the Catskills visible in the distance. I snapped the panoramic image above while I was up there, it was a perfect spring day, leaf out is beginning on most of the trees, and the grass is already a vibrant green. Everything is coming alive seemingly overnight, as summer approaches.  It's a short and easy walk to the top, it's definitely worth a visit, and I am sure it would have been an amazing hill for sledding two months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment