Tuesday, September 22, 2009

first day of autumn and a hawk along 155a


Yesterday as I was driving along 155a, I noticed this beautiful hawk perched above a field that was in the process of being hayed. It was probably 30 ft up in the tree or so, I used my Tamron telephoto lens to capture this image.
Today is the official beginning of autumn, and the last few weeks have certainly felt like fall was starting, it has been great weather. Comfortable breezy days with chilly nights perfect for sleeping. Throughout the seacoast, the red maples which are especially stressed in wetlands have turned a vibrant red, a foreshadowing of what will happen as the chlorophyll breaks down in the rest of the decidous trees throughout new england.
Below is a photo I took a year or two ago wandering through college woods. I will have to upload some foliage photos this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment